|Posted on February 27, 2012 at 6:15 PM|
Last one for today's breakfast blog recipes....probably my absolute FAVORITE of all. From Eating for Life....
Make 4-6 servings
- 6 strips lean turkey bacon (I sometimes use ham)
- 3 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch)
- 3 whole eggs
- 8 egg whites (or one cup egg substitute)
- 1/2c. skim milk
- 1/2c. low fat sour cream
- 3/4c. Reduced fat cheese shredded
- 1c. Broccoli florets, fresh or frozen, thawed. (I sometimes use spinach)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cook turkey bacon according to directions, chop into small pieces and set aside
3. Lightly spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray, overlap 2 tortillas then cut the 3rd and place along sides to cover sides and make your crust
4. In large mixing bowl beat whole eggs and whites with fork until well blended. Add milk and sour cream.
5. Add turkey bacon, cheese and broccoli to egg mixture and combine thoroughly.
6. Pour into tortilla lined dish and bake approx. 50 mins (until eggs are set).
7. Allow to stand for 10 mins before slicing into servings.
Have for breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper! Add a salad for a fabulous meal!
YUMMY!!! The kids love it too. Sometimes I use spinach and turn the whole thing green ids love gross looking green stuff, lol. Enjoy!!!